Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What is Going on With you? Body Changes

If you have started this lifestyle change you may notice things happening in your body that weren't happening before.  Keep in mind I AM NOT a doctor! I am ONLY explaining things that I HAVE experienced. If you have concerns PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN!

General Aces and Pains:
 First, DRINK PLENTY of water! Not only to stay hydrated and promote healthy bowel movements but to help keep muscles from cramping. If you are experiencing muscle cramps it could be related to dehydration and low potassium.  If you eat them bananas are a good source of potassium and help combat muscle cramps.

Second, ALWAYS remember to do a good stretching before your workouts. Stretching warms your muscles up and prepares them for the task they are about to embark on :-) Once you begin working out your muscles will tighten up but that doesn't mean STOP! At times you have to work through the pain. If you sit around just because it is hurting from a good workout all the muscle will do is get tighter and then you will hurt even more!  If a particular body part is hurting give it a rest for a day and focus on another area of the body. Example, if your legs are hurting from squats the next day work on arms, then go back to squats the following day.

Lastly, If pain persist more than a few days and is very unbearable I advise you to seek consult from your physician. Usually, after a few days the soreness will lighten up. With each time your work your body it will become easier to do. The initial part is a big shock to the body like,"OMG what are you doing we haven't had movement like this in years." Once you get to the point where a certain exercise is becoming too easy it's time to take it up a level.

Nausea During Workout:
The urge to "throw up" or the act of actually throwing up is normal! As I said above your body has just been shocked into doing something in most cases it hasn't done in God knows how long.  I'll share this with you, when I first did Afro-Caribbean dance with Jason I was rockin' you hear me! I felt like an African Queen dancing my butt off.  By the third song (each being about 3-4minutes long) I was running to the bathroom and throwing up! I later told Jason what had happened and he looked at me and laughed and said ," Good! means your working hard."  There is much truth in the saying " No pain No gain".  If your not feeling something then you are not challenging yourself enough! When you are working out you should be sweating if your not WORK HARDER!!
The sickness to the stomach should subside, If not CONSULT your physician.

Gas and Bowel Movements:
 You may notice if you are eating more fruits and vegetables you become quite full of gas.  This is normal and will subside after your body gets used to the new intake of fiber this link has helped me out quite a bit through my weight loss journey and questions I have www.livestrong.com. Check out this website on how to deal with the gas. Keep Beano on hand to combat this.

When it comes to your bowel movements with all the movement and better food choices you are making you are getting your enzymes moving in your intestines and you will begin to have more of them as you move around and incorporate more fiber and water into your lifestyle. If you go towww.DrOz.com he does a whole Q&A on bowel movements and remedies for constipation. You should be having 1-2 a day.

Periods:
If you didn't experience heavy periods before you will now! If they were heavy you will more than likely see them lighten up. When you first start working out your periods will be heavy and you may experience some cramping,this being from my experience and women I know. This is just another way your body is reacting to the new change in movement and lifestyle. This lifestyle change literally changes everything your body "HAD" become accustomed to.  OMG! I clotted so much it was unreal. I was so exhausted as well.  But as time has gone on my body has adjusted and my period has become lighter and I no way near clot as much as I did before working out and eating better.
Even though you have your period and are tired I encourage you to keep on with your normal workout routine, if it is too much during that week then take it down a notch. Instead of running; walk. If your doing zumba modify your movements where you are still moving just not as intense as usual.  Your body is already going through some intense work internally no need to over extend yourself for the workout too! You must have an even balance and know when you are pushing too much and when to give your body a break.  In my opinion if your are working out 5-6days a week all month long not exercising during your menstrual cycle is o.k. gives your body a rest. but that's my opinion, so do as you feel comfortable doing.

Hemorrhoids:
Now, I haven't had this problem but I know some that have and all I can say to this is seek CONSULT from your physician.

Sex Drive:
Oh YEAH!!! If your libido was low I'm sure your seeing an increase now! If it was average it's probably higher now.  My guess is your feeling sexy now and more confident about your new body and want to flaunt it. Let's face it... YOU'RE SEXY AND YOU KNOW IT!  So go on and sing it to your mate...Ooo,Ooo,Ooo I wanna sex you up! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment