Sunday, October 21, 2012

Happy Anniversary BabyGirl!

Before 232 pounds

NOW 164 pounds!

October 1st I turned 36 years old and this month marked my 1 year weight loss journey anniversary! Yay Me! I am so PROUD of myself for sticking with it. I am so blessed that God allowed me to see another year and make the very best of it! I am happy to report I am weighing in at 164 pounds and have taken 32 inches from my body! That's 68 pounds GONE NEVER to return! I went from 232 pounds wearing a size 18-20W to 164 pounds wearing a size 8-10!

A few years back I started drumming with the MOST AMAZING woman EVER Ms. Joan Brannon. Joan is more than my drum teacher she has become my sister,life coach,support system, my source of encouragement,advisor,mentor and friend. Joan has worked with me and loved me unconditionally through the drum, energetically and physically. She has guided me through EVERY growth pain I have felt this pass year and long before the physical transformation. Be it tough love, self realization, being a shoulder to cry on, showing up at events way past her bed time just to support a dream of mine :-), teaching/showing me my worth and things I could not and would not allow myself to see in me,Joan has loved me. Joan is so humble in the work she does and the people lives she touches. I humbly bow at her feet with GREAT respect and admiration. God knew I needed her to balance me and hold my hand through this phase in my life. I shout THANK YOU LORD for guiding Joan to step outside her box so that our paths may cross. I love you Joan beyond words!










There is this group of people that have had my back through this journey as well that I NEVER would have made it through without them, those being my friends and family! They have watched me transform and smiled and encouraged me to keep going they have come to zumba with me, they have come to aerobics with me, they have walked, ran and climbed stairs with me or just been there to cheer me on as I set forth on a goal. So I'm going to take this moment to put you on straight BLAST! Thank you! Jaqui Linder, Josephwich Wise,Laurie Fields,Taunya Huff ,Amy Lewis, Elizabeth Beck, Amy San Pedro,Toya Richmond,Latoya Davis,Sarah McFarland,Lemeka Hawkins,Erika Wiggington, Adriana Thorton, S.Marie Thurman, Nardie White, Baba Kenyatta, Jameca Hardison, Donnie Hardison,Michael Jackson,Michelle White, Jonnie Johnson, Jason Thompson,Felicia Walker,Keith Hampton,Eric Toller,Nakia Raglin,Tanya Smith,Jeannette Connor, Shawn Connor Sr., Orland Moore,Kisha Givens,Phillip Williams,Imani Robinson,Oba T.,Osunnike, Felicia Walker,Tyrone Douglas,Sherry Payne,Janee White,Chante' Webb, Chaterra Webb and Juan Slaughter. Thank you! to ALL those that gave an encouraging word, that told me I was inspiring them, that ALLOWED me to inspire them. To those that liked my facebook pictures and post, that uplifted me when I was down and pushed me to go even further. If I forgot someone check it to my mind not my heart at this moment I am overwhelmed with LOVE for you ALL!
My daughter Kira and I after zumba
The Aerobics Crew on Tuesdays at William Wells Brown Community Center (back row): Jonnie Jones and myself (front row) Michelle White and my son Devin Whitfield

My family and Friends:Friend Phillip Williams, Sister Chante' Webb and Niece Chaterra Webb
Jason Thompson my dear friend and Awesome dancer that got me started on my  fitness journey!
The Queen Beauty herself my Zumba Instructor Felicia Walker
My fellow Zumba Beauty Tanya Smith we were Sweat Funky and  Gorgeous!
My bff lil'sis Latoya Davis and kids cheered me on as I ran the Midsummer Nights Run 5K!
My 36th birthday fell on a zumba day and I asked friends and family to come zumba with me and they did!
My Zumba Birthday Party! (back row left to right) Keith Hampton, Phillip Williams.(middle row  left to right) : Zumba instructor Felicia Walker Tanya Smith and my bff  Kisha Givens (front row left to right) my son Devin,me and my Sister-in-law Jeannette Connor
Zumba girls! My daughter Kira Whitfield and her bff Imani R.
(right to left) Sara McFarland, Lemeka Hawkins and myself. Doing the Shamrock Shuffle 3K


Last but not least I want to send a HUGE THANK YOU! to my children Kira Whitfield 12 yrs and Devin 10 yrs. I know this has been a journey for y'all as well. I took away ALL the yummy foods and made you eat healthy :-( I have infringed on your outdoor/friend time by having to go to some kind of workout regiment 4 days a week(the rest I try to get in before you come home!) but you have watched me change from the inside out and LOVED me through and through! You took it ALL as Mommy is doing something good for her and you have been my BIGGEST fans and SUPPORTERS you have now taken to joining me at OUR workouts now and I LOVE YOU so much! I did this so that I could see you grow up into the beautiful young lady and young man God created you to be! I want to be around for high school and college graduations. For my grandbabies to come in the far, far, far, far future! You two are who I live for. Kira and Devin you are my GREATEST accomplishment and blessing! I LOVE you beyond words, a whole big ole, big ole, big ole bunch times infinity!
A family that prays and works out together grows stronger in love and health together!

No comments:

Post a Comment