Thursday, November 7, 2013

Reflection: A Reminder To Self

For Osunlade; Thanks for the encouragement.

"If I didn't define myself for myself,  I would be crushed into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive."~ Audre Lorde

Reflection: A Reminder To Self
written by: Shuntella Sweat-Whitfield

I am a warm beautiful smile.
I am dimples.
I am laughter.
I am free spirited.
I am smart.
I am loving.
I am caring.
I am supportive.
I am strong willed.
I am determined.
I am created in his image.
I am a Goddess.
I am a Beautiful Goddess.
I am me.

Who are you to try to take away pieces of me or attempt to take away ALL of what I am to cage me into a simple box of simplicity?
To mold me into who you think I should be, how I should act, feel and think.

I AM an inspiration.
I AM fun.
I AM Me.
I LOVE me and ALL of my infinite perfections and imperfections.
I am greater than I think I can be.
I am trying to be as great as God said...
I AM.

Rest assure I will live each day as if I have reached my goal.
I will make myself and others proud of the woman,mother and friend I have become,
so that when I ascend from this earth we all are proud in knowing not only I am these things
but I grew into so many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment