Friday, December 2, 2016

Rejuvenate

Wow! It's been a mighty long time since I have blogged. A lot has been happening and caused a great shift in my life. Mostly for the good. I am hitting some bumps along the way. But thankfully I have been blessed to have learned how to cope with life's journey. I have learned that even though I am learning to love myself first, there is a lot that comes along with that than just saying it!  You absolutely MUST pamper yourself.  In order to be of help to others you must take care of yourself FIRST. So every now and then CHECK OUT from your reality. Even if it is for 1 hour to a week or two of doing something that brings you JOY. You are of no good to others or yourself if you are constantly stressed out, depressed, feeling worthless or undeserving of the very best that life has to offer you.  YOU ARE WORTHY! It doesn't have to be some lavish trip, just take a moment at least once a month to do something for you! Whether it be going to the park alone to have lunch or take a walk or sit and be still and connect with nature.  Ladies, go get a medi/pedi, a massage, treat yourself to dinner and a movie.  Let me stop here. That was the hardest thing for me to do is "date" myself. But I have come to find that, if I can't be comfortable with me,myself and I,how can I be good company for a potential mate?! It is weird at first,but DO IT! You learn so much about yourself. What you used to like may not bring you the same joy now. Try new things and go places, you might find something new that brings you happiness that you never knew could or would. Do things alone, you will get used to it and the people around you will admire you because they wish they had the courage to do it to! Men, it is ok for you to love on you as well and go places alone.  Go get a massage,do something you enjoy and that brings you happiness.

Rejuvenate! Rejuvenate! Rejuvenate! This year I turned 40 and made the conscious decision to travel to Jamaica with some of my girlfriends for 5day!!! The BEST decision of my life and surprisingly theirs as well.  See, you never fully understand how much of a break you need until you do it! So, I have made the decision every year for my birthday I will travel somewhere. State side or international. I love on myself once a month with a media/pedi or massage and when my schedule allows hang with people I enjoy being around and we make each other better people. Take some time for yourself to rejuvenate. I promise you won't regret it and the people around you will appreciate you to. Your energy will shift and attitude will change. All for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment