Sunday, June 18, 2017

Self-Care IS the Best Care

When I was growing up, my mother "taught" me that going to get your hair done, getting yours nails done and pedicures were a "waste of money". Heck, even shaving was a waste of time. Now, I realized that it was her way of saying we couldn't afford to do those things.  The older I got and the more women I came in contact with I started to learn that these things aren't as expensive as I was taught and most can been done yourself. To some people, a woman or man that goes to get his/her nails and toes done and eyebrows and body waxed are high maintenance. But in reality, it's not. It is, in my opinion, a person that is simply loving themselves FIRST!

There is the old saying,"when momma's not happy, no one is happy." And that's true for anyone not just momma.  How can a person who is not happy themselves make others happy or even enjoy others happiness? You MUST love yourself FIRST in order to truly love anyone else.  With that, I have learned that when you take time for you, life is a lot better. To step out of your reality for just moment to RECOUP and REJUVENATE does wonders. Take that time to do things that bring you joy. Whether it be pampering yourself with manicures and pedicures, spending the night at a hotel, hiking, getting a massage,going to see a movie, treat yourself to dinner, whatever it takes to help you refocus, regroup and be happy! I encourage you to put ME TIME in your calendar of events and budget at least once a month. If you can afford to do it more often, DO IT! Trust me, me time is awesome!

I don't think I can say it enough, when I say that, loving you FIRST is perfectly healthy! Self care does wonders for you and those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment