Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Urban Mountain Challenge/ Yesterday's numbers

Can you believe it,The Urban Mountain Challenge is THIS Saturday January 26,2013!
I am SUPER excited that I will be able to participate again this year.  For those of you that do not know what the Urban Mountain Challenge is it is a timed race to run up the stairs of the 5th 3rd bank building, which is 29 stories, 638 stairs in downtown Lexington, Ky. This year they have stepped the game up by adding another building, Central Bank building. That will now be a combined total of climbing 50 stories!! I, on the other hand WILL NOT be climbing both buildings. I will ONLY be climbing the 5th 3rd bank building to beat my last year time of 11 minutes 47 seconds! I totally amped!

So with all that being said I had my BMI(Body Mass Index) taken yesterday to see where I am at and where I need to be. Check out this link to better understand what BMI is www.cdc.gov and look up BMI.
Here are my numbers:
Height: 5ft 1 in.
Weight: 163.8
BMI: 31.0
Fat%: 33.6%
Fat Mass: 55.0 lb
FFM: 108.8 lb

Desirable Range:
Fat %: 21-33%
Fat Mass: 20.0-53.6 lb

Target Body Fat: 25%
Predicted weight 145.0 lb
Predicted fat mass: 36.2 lb
FAT TO LOSE: 18.8 LB
So, as you can see I am .6% from reaching a desirable Fat Percentage and 1.4 pounds from reaching a desirable Fat Mass. My FFM is muscle and I was told I want this number to stay the same or go up! This is ONE HAPPY CHICK!!! I was told I am healthy and keep up the good work! When I told Marvin, he gave me a high five and said," Now it's time to step it up!"

But, before getting these numbers Willie had already decided that I needed to step my game up YET AGAIN! He figures since his goal is to burn 400 calories on the treadmill guess what? I should too! So now this is my NEW goal to burn 400 calories in 30 minutes. I met AND exceeded my goal yesterday!
I did 2.8 miles in 30 minutes, burning 408 calories on level 4, on inclines 1.5-5.0, walking speed of 5, running speeds of 6-8. Woo lawd I was tired! But it is for the betterment of me so I am all on that!
 Yesterday was also my back workout day. So I did:

  • lawn mowers with 15# weights with 3 sets of 20 reps
  • Back pulls with 7.5# weights 3 sets of 20 reps
  • another back workout not sure of it's name with 5# weights 3 sets of 20 reps.
I keep a handy dandy planner with me to write down all that I am doing and which body parts I am working and with how much weight so we can keep track of what I'm doing and weight lifted.
I LOVE MY TRAINERS!!!

FOOD INTAKE:
8am:
Oatmeal with pure honey and mandarin oranges
1 cup of coffee with creamer only
11 am Lunch:
Southwest chicken strips wrapped in half a burrito wrap with sweet potato fries and water (23 oz.)
2 pm Snack:
Southwest chicken strips and 2 egg whites scrambled
8 pm dinner:
1 salisbury steak, kraft mac and cheese and green beans and water(8 oz.)

My water consumption for the day was low. Only 54 oz. of water yesterday Boo! me :-( Gotta do better!
*23 oz were consumed during my workout*



No comments:

Post a Comment