Sunday, December 22, 2013

Fabulously Fit " Where Loving Yourself FIRST is perfectly healthy."

Fabulously Fit " Where loving yourself FIRST is perfectly healthy." 

Fabulously Fit is an event to invoke a fun, positive and lasting lifestyle change for the community. To introduce to people the different avenues of fitness workouts that I have used in my weight loss journey. Those avenues being: Aerobics, DAFRI fitness, Zumba and Boot camp. I want to feature and introduce to the community the amazing LOCAL instructors that teach these classes and have inspired me to keep pushing forward!

So what is in store for the community? Six different instructors teaching their classes. Each instructor will have a 20 minute showcase their class. Then, we will have the wonder Neil Burns as guest speaker. Neil is from Richmond, Ky. and has lost over 400 pounds! He will share his story. There will be a photographer on hand to start you off on your before and after photos and Lexington's very own Chris Hudson will be on hand with his Life's Journey clothing line.

The instructors include:
Krisi Sexton - Tai Chi
Felicia Walker- Zumba
Jason Thompson- DAFRI Dance Fitness(DAFRI meaning " Dance Free"
Mark Johnson - Aerobics
Marvin Robinson & Willie Mays - Bootcamp
 AND
Neil Burns - Guest Speaker
Shawn Connor- Connor Photography
Chris Hudson- Life's Journey Clothing
Paige Commodore- Humana Community Health Education


WHEN: January 11,2014
WHERE: Charles Young Community Center
TIME: 10am-12noon
COST: FREE! FREE! FREE! FREE!

The back story:
A few months back I was at work and this great idea popped into my head. I was scribbling down my ideas on a piece of paper and took it to my best friend LaToya and asked her what she thought. She said she thought it was a great idea and would really be a hit! Plus, she liked how I was thanking my instructors and giving back to the community. I am the type of person that feels like you can never thank a person too much for what they have done for you. I always keep the mind set that people don't "have" to do anything for you, so when they do you should totally appreciate it, because I meant enough to you for you to do something for me!

Anyway, the idea came that I wanted to put together an event that would say THANK YOU to ALL the instructors that have supported me in my weight loss journey and it would answer the question to many whom have asked, "What did you do to lose the weight?" "Where do you go?", "Who teaches that class?"
I know how it is to want to lose the weight and can not afford the gym memberships each month so you get discouraged. I want to present to the community the LOCAL instructors that have classes that are AFFORDABLE and they are WONDERFUL, CARING, SUPPORTIVE people to help keep you motivated and on the right path and I wanted to do this FOR FREE!
So, I put in a call to a local entrepreneur, CEO and founder of Life's Journey clothing Chris Hudson and asked," How do I make this happen? You started with a dream can you give me advice on how to go about this?" And he did! I am so grateful that he took the time out oh his busy day to give little ole me some direction. THANK YOU Chris!

So once I wrote down my ideas as Chris advised and I kept them close to my heart until I was really ready to act. Things started to shift a bit so I put the idea aside but it kept coming back over and over and over again. Finally, one day I decided OK! this isn't going to leave me alone so God MUST be trying to tell me something! So, I went for it. I started by contacting the instructors and asking if they would volunteer their time and each agreed. I jumped the first hurdle. Then, I needed to put my ideas neatly in a proposal so that I could find a space to have this event. Done! Next, was presenting the proposal. FAIL! I was turned down. I was hurt and said I was going to keep moving and try someone else but in reality I set the proposal aside and kinda gave up. Allowing the negative thoughts to creep in and tell me that my dream would never come to pass. But then I read something that Tyler Perry said,"You can get a thousand no's from people, and only one "yes" from God." God was giving my "yes" with the idea all i needed to do was step out on faith and he would take care of the rest. Sometimes I think God will throw the no's in there to see just how bad you really want it. So, I did a redraft of the proposal and took it somewhere else.

I am so excited to say that on Friday December 20,2013 at 3:22pm I got a voicemail from Debbie Griggs at Charles Young Community Center that said..."YES" OMG! I am so excited my dream is coming true!

I hope to see you there and bring your friends and family with you and start the New Year off right by adapting and living a healthy lifestyle!


No comments:

Post a Comment