Sunday, July 22, 2012

Don't Get Discouraged: There is a bigger picture

Every morning at 8am Monday-Friday I send a morning text to my family and friends and this one truly hit home with me and a few of my message receivers as well. 
       " A person who RESPECTS you will do anything for you. A person who DOES NOT respect you will do anything to you."-Unknown

I started these messages because they were coming to me left and right. I would be lying in bed crying because I was young, already divorced and a single mother of two. I was in an unhealthy relationship that I couldn't figure out why we kept hanging on to one another and ain't happy. My money ain't right,I'm struggling to make rent and keep the utilities on and everything that could happen was happening to me for whatever reason.I was fat, know what I am on the inside but felt like people really didn't care who I was, I wasn't anybody special. I was like DAMN! God PLEASE can you give me a break. You said you wouldn't put more on me than I can bear but let me tell you, you are sure pushing it! It was like God and the Ancestors were talking to me saying hey listen, let me tell you why you feel like this. Let me ask you this? Did you know if you did this that would happen? These thoughts,questions, realizations came and then I started thinking 'I bet someone else is feeling this way too, I'm going to share what God and the Ancestors are giving to me. This will be my service to my community.  It became VERY therapeutic for me as I was going through a long distance relationship and it was going down the drain and trying to provide for my growing faster than a raise in my paycheck kids. It was TOO MUCH! So I started sending these messages that came to me through those late night conversations with self. The messages would come and immediately I would get my phone and type what I heard and save it for 8am. Sometimes multiple ones would come and I would just saved them all in my phone and when the hour came pick which one spoke to me that day and hit send.  At first, everyone was loving them and thanking me for them and I was again surprised because these were"my" thoughts and I didn't think people would really read them and look forward to them each morning. They were thoughts of love and pain,just saying I love you or saying good morning to a popular song in a funny way. But the glory didn't last that long. First, my partner thought I was just sending them to him but when I explained it went out to others as well my positive task became another issue for us as to who I was sending it to and why this or that person, how did you get that persons number. You said I love you to who? Then I was asked by some people NOT to send them for whatever reason and I became discouraged and wanted to stop all together because some people didn't want to receive them. So I sent out a text (more than once) asking if people wanted to stop getting them from me some said "yes" some said "no". I was still on the fence about it so I went to God and asked what do I do? He said keep going and I did. My thought process was this isn't just about me. It is about the greater good of those around me and those around the people at are around me. I was asked to do a small task to see if I would follow through because I'll be the first to tell you I will walk away real fast when stuff isn't balanced for me. So this was my lesson in learning to not throw in the towel when the not so good happens. Jesus, Buddha,the Dalai Lama, Prophet Muhammad didn't give up because people didn't like or want to hear what they had to say. They as well as I am doing what I was asked to do. I'm being prepped for something bigger.

What you do in this life doesn't JUST affect you it effects ALL those around you. Not everyone is going to be down for the cause. As much as you would like them to be they won't. They will talk about you behind your back, snare up their nose and flap their gums saying,"I can't believe such and such is doing this or that. I would never let that go on with me." When the reality is they have and probably going through the same mess at that very moment. The key is you CAN NOT LET THEM SHAKE YOU!  Stay focused on what God asked you to do and what your spirit wants you to do for the betterment of you! Lesson I had to learn was to not look to other to validate who I AM!  I am MY OWN SUPER HERO.I AM God's GREATEST creation. The world is mine for the taking. Ask and I shall receive. That is ask God NOT man! Whatever God has for you is for you when the divine time is right. Don't give up on you because of others insecurities.  Misery LOVES company. Like the little children's church songs says" Shake, shake,shake, shake. Shake the devil off!" Be of good character for you and for others.

I


No comments:

Post a Comment